Location Colorado Springs, Colorado
The person in this role will be responsible for installing NEW after-market parts on NEW 2017/2018 Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series 1 Ton Diesel Trucks. You will be working on a vehicle – the L79 America – that is unique to our company and unique here in the United States / North America. In this role, the MOST successful candidate will have their ASE certification and a background in Toyota vehicles and Diesel mechanics. We may be willing to accept an exceptional candidate that has a strong willingness to learn both as they grow along with our company. We are looking for someone that appreciates having the time to do the work right rather than just do the work to get it done quickly. No doubt, we are looking for a bit of a perfectionist. You will be responsible for receipt, check-in and visual inspection of new vehicles as they arrive. Specific responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Properly install NEW after-market parts on NEW vehicles per Design Specifications / Customer Orders.
• Remove and properly package / store all redundant factory installed equipment, to include bumpers, mirrors, suspension, etc.
• Validate and communicate to shop foreman that correct parts were ordered/received and installed in a timely manner.
• Maintain neat and orderly work space.
• Wear and use appropriate safety equipment at all times while working in specific areas.
• Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Experience installing automotive parts.
• Ability to drive vehicles with standard transmission.
• Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of vehicle electronics, suspension and diesel engines.
• Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Valid driver's license.
• ASE Certification a bonus.
• Passionate about the Toyota Land Cruiser – especially the 70 Series.
• Passionate about working on Diesel Engines.
• Strong desire to work in a unique environment and acquire a unique skill set.
Disclaimer: The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send along a copy of their most recent resume with relevant experience to Jobs@L79-America.com.
About Papp Brothers Automotive / LC America: With more demand than we could ever satisfy, we will import Toyota Land Cruiser L79 Diesel Trucks - the most capable 4x4s ever made - to be sold in the USA for the first time. We take a "stock" vehicle and make them anything but...Our business involves taking the 1-ton Toyota Land Cruiser L79 Diesel - an already extreme 4x4 and a staple of the harshest climates / terrain around the world - further, and making an already unique 4x4 all that more unique. With the kit for these vehicles drawn from the best of the best US aftermarket off-road parts suppliers in the business - ARB, Banks Power, Lucas Oil - these vehicles are the equivalent of a very limited-edition Swiss Army knife. So if you face a significant "challenge" when it comes to getting where you want to go -- or doing so in a unique and stylish way -- the Land Cruiser L79 America that we produce will solve that "problem" for you like no other vehicle.
If you watch US TV, you know that it is almost impossible to channel surf without hitting on 50 different programs related to any and all type of motor vehicle. Clearly, the US appetite for exotic vehicles, classics and especially uniquely capable 4x4 vehicles has never been stronger. Our target customers are Toyota Land Cruiser fanatics, avid outdoorsmen and people that know the 70 Series Land Cruiser from their overseas travels. We are breaking new ground by importing new L79 Diesel into the US. We are breaking more new ground by producing a vehicle - the L79 America Diesel - that no one else can produce without our proprietary retrofit BlackBox diesel emissions control technology. We could not have a more decisive competitive advantage!
Organization: Papp Brothers Automotive / LC America
Primary Location: US-CO-Colorado Springs-80917
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing